|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
This unbelievable tailgating recipe honors the Arizona State Sun Devils who play in the NCAA Division 1-A as part of the Pacific Ten Conference. The Sun Devils plays its home games at Sun Devil stadium, which currently has a capacity of 71,706. Tailgate at Sun Devil Stadium with this incredibly lean turkey and salsa recipe.
1 lb ground turkey (97% lean)
1 package (1.25 oz) low-salt taco seasoning mix
2 cups water
1 jar (16 oz) thick & chunky salsa
1 can (11 oz) Mexican-style corn
2 cups instant brown rice
1 cup shredded Mexican or taco cheese blend
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Serve with: baked tortilla chips
1. Cook turkey in a large nonstick skillet over high heat, stirring to break up meat, 5 minutes or until browned.
2. Stir in seasoning mix, water, salsa and corn; bring to a boil.
3. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 12 to 15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
4. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes to melt cheese.
5. On plates, top rice mixture with lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Serve with tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Woman’s Day Magazine. Recipe originally published 2/12/08.