|Written By Recipe Coordinator|
A perfect potato recipe for a wonderful holiday! These scalloped potatoes are light, creamy, and actually very simple to make. The whipping cream and parmesan cheese add a distinct flavor and character to these russet potatoes. Enjoy, give thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup whipping cream, half-and-half, or light cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices
1. Butter a 2-quart shallow casserole or baking dish; set aside.
2. For sauce: In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
3. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add whipping cream all at once.
4. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly. Stir in Parmesan cheese (mixture will be thick).
5. Arrange half the potatoes in overlapping slices along the bottom of prepared casserole.
6. Pour half the sauce over the potatoes. Repeat potato and sauce layers.
7. Bake, covered, in a 325*F oven for 40 minutes.
8. Uncover and bake for 25 minutes more or till potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Midwest Living Magazine.